Monday, August 18, 2014

Hola!! :)
 I miss you guys already, but I know I need to be here. I'm going to be honest, the first two days were really hard, but they were also really great! It is so organized here and everyone is so friendly. So my P-days during my MTC stay are Saturdays, just to explain why I sent an email on a Saturday haha. I loved singing Called to Serve with all the new missionaries, it was awesome! Then at the orientation there was the most beautiful musical number I have heard in my entire life. A Sister sang Savior, Redeemer of My Soul while an elder accompanied her on the piano. During those two moments I felt the Spirit stronger than any other time in my life. Her voice is seriously the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. I was so glad I got to be a part of that.

 We are studying almost 24/7 and our Spanish teacher speaks only Spanish to us, so you have to just figure it out. I can say a prayer in Spanish and my testimony. They just throw you right into it haha; my companion, Hermana Thornhill and I taught our first lesson in Spanish on Friday. It was really scary, but it turned out well. My companion is pretty good at Spanish so she was able to do well, I only pretty much said the prayer and read a scripture, but our "investigator" said he was really impressed with my Spanish and asked how many years of Spanish I took haha.

 I love all the missionaries in my district; there are 8 of us, 4 elders, and 4 of us Hermanas. I would love it if you guys could email me some photos of you guys and photos of friends from my facebook, like my pictures from my farewell. I would love that.

 It is really humbling to be here. I'm just trying to remember to have fun, but also work hard. I pray for you all every night. We actually got to go to the temple today too! It was very nice. I still am in shock sometimes that I am a missionary now, but it is really cool. It makes me want to keep trying to be a better person. We watched a Mormon Message yesterday as a district about Lot's wife and how we need to let go of the past and look forward with faith that Heavenly Father's plan for us is SO much better than we could have planned. "Look not behind thee"
Anyways, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lots of love,
Hermana Grisham

No comments:

Post a Comment