Monday, August 18, 2014

Hi Momma,
Yay!! Kari is married!! :) I'm glad it went so well. It sounds like it was beautiful. Wow. That really suprised me that you had to put Charly down. That is sad, I wonder what's been going on. At least she doesn't have to suffer anymore. I don't mean for this to sound mean or anything, but it was perfect timing to get Frank. How did Daddy feel about it?

How are the plants doing? I know it's been pretty hot outside. I only have 1 more week here! Crazy huh? Time has been going so fast. I'm nervous, but excited. Our whole district is heading to the same mission so we are going to be able to all fly down together which will be really nice. We should be getting our travel plans later today! My Spanish is coming, lets just say I have a really hard time speaking spanish during the day, but during prayers and lessons my Spanish is better, it is really cool because I know it is because of the Spirit. We got to hear TC Christensen speak and also a member of the 70, Stanley Ellis, this week, it was awesome. TC Christensen is the Film Maker of 17 Miracles, Ephraims Rescue, and The Joseph Smith Movie, and the Emma Smith movie.

Funny Spanish mistake of the week: I was saying the closing prayer with our whole district (Elders included) and I mixed up the words "women" and "better" so I accidentally said, "help us to be women missionaries." I didn't find out until the next day haha. I will be sad to leave the MTC; it is a special place where the Spirit is strong, but it is going to be so cool in Mexico.

We focused a lot this week on the First Vision. It is so amazing that God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith so that we could have the fullness of the Gospel. We went to the Temple again today and I loved it. The blessings that each of us can have are more wonderful than I can even imagine. God is good, and I'm so grateful for his love and mercy for all of us.

Well I love you, and hope you have a wonderful week.
Love Hermana Jackie Grisham

No comments:

Post a Comment