Monday, December 7, 2015

My Dear Family!
So I was going to go to San Fransisco? I think they must have mixed it up with my other companion that is from California. Haha good thing Daddy fixed everything or else I would have not been able to get home to you guys. It would have been just like the movie The R.M. when he got home and his family wasn't there and there was a chinese guy that lived in the house. :)

I am glad that hear the Momma was able to recieve a priesthood blessing and that everyone was able to get together. I love our family and I am grateful that we were all raised in the Gospel by great parents. Time has gone by so fast, I remember when we all lived at home, but it is fun to have nieces and nephews and get togethers, etc. I will also keep Momma in my prayers, so that the doctors can know exactly what she needs for her eyes.

Momma wanted to hear the story of when I heard a hymn in my head after I found out about Daddy's accident. Well Kari came to the campground where I was staying at with the young women and she told me the bad news, of course I thought the worse and I felt very scared and worried and sad, but we recieved a priesthood blessing and then Kari and I went to the Hospital where Daddy was staying and we were able to see him for a while and go back home. I went downstairs and I was by myself while Kari was upstairs and I let all my feelings out and cried. After feeling so low several different things came into my mind, first the words of my patriarcal blessing came to my mind, and then words of a hymn were sung in my head, it was a hymn that I didn't even know, but the words were clear.."Fear not I am with thee, oh be not desmayed, for I am thy God and will still give thee aid, I'll strengthen thee, help thee and cause thee to stand, upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand" -How Firm A Foundation. It is now my favorite hymn. I felt overwhelmed with peace and I felt Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for me. And I felt strengthened every since.

I am really happy and we are working hard here. This is our last week of this change and yesterday was a very special day. We were blessed to have 10 of our investigators in church yesterday, many of them came on their own :) Another very special thing for me was hearing the testimony of our recent Convert, because it was so beautiful his testimony and he sounded as if he had years in the church, his testimony brought the strongest spirit than all of the others because he understands the importance of the Gospel. It was very special and I will never forget it, he said that He knows that Heavenly Father exists and that He hears our prayers. Also this Sunday we are going to baptize the 5 young men of the family that moved here from another state here in Mexico. It is awesome to see the blessings of our service and I feel very grateful. Well I have to go, but I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Love Hermana Grisham

No comments:

Post a Comment