Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hi to the best family in the world,
This week was a really great one. We had interviews with our Mission President, and this time it was a little longer and he said a lot of nice things. He said he was greatful for my service and dilligence. He told me that I was staying in my area a long time because he liked that way I was working and he wants my companion and I to find more families so that the missionaries that come after can have many investigators to teach. It was crazy because he was explaining to me how my last 3 days in the mission will be, we are going to go to the Mexico City temple with him and his wife the last day, it will be great.

Interesting story, our area has a cool history. They say that, Atlatlahuca (our area) was an accident. There were two missionaries who were working near by in the early 1900s and they were assigned to a new area Atlacumulco, so they packed up and headed to their new area. They took the wrong train, and ended up in Atlatlahuca, where I am serving right now. There was not a single member and it was the first time the people of this town ever saw LDS missionaries. So they got to work, and it started with 1 man who believed their message and years since hundreds were baptized in the little town. I know it wasn't an accident, but it is interesting how some come to know the Gospel. Thanks to these two missionaries were started to work, hundreds have come to know the Gospel. The people at first did not accept them, some of the men even kidnapped them and was about to hang them but they didn't do it.

We worked very hard this week trying to find new families to teach, and Heavenly Father blessed us with many new families and several of them came to church yesterday. One lady came yesterday that we have been teaching for a while but wouldn't come to church and was living with a man so she wasn't progressing. We were happy when she finally came to church for the first time and she told us that she broke up with her boyfriend, so we are going to help her progress and get baptized, I was happy for her because I saw how much potential she had.

Yesterday our investigator got baptized and he shared his testimony after and it was so sweet. His older sister was the only member in her family until her brother, our investigator, got baptized and she was crying tears of joy after the baptism. He told us that he couldn't sleep on Saturday night because he was so excited for his baptism. He is a young man 23 years old who was lost in the world, but wanted to start over and Heavenly Father blessed him with a fresh start. I am so grateful for the Gospel, is the key to happiness, and we have it! People may say that they are happy and that they have everything, but if they don't have the Gospel it is not true. I loved the songs sung in General Conference. The last verse in Come Come Ye Saints always gives me chills..."Those who reject this glad message shall never such happiness know." I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is true. I know that Gospel was restored and that it helps us be truely happy. I know that Jesus Christ is real, that He lives and that He atoned for our sins so we can return to Heavenly Father once again.  Well I have to go, but I love you! Have an awesome week, Make good choices!

Love Hermana Grisham


No comments:

Post a Comment