Thursday, October 8, 2015

Family!
Wow, I didn't even know that Spencer's car got stolen, I am glad that they were able to find it in good condition. I am happy that everyone is doing well and keeping busy. I am doing really well here. I am still here in the same area in a town called Atlatlahuca, Tenango de Valle. My new companion is fun, but I still miss my other companion. It always takes me time to adjust to changes. It is starting to get a little bit colder here, I think I am going to look for a thicker jacket.

General Conference was great! I loved it! I realized that I have changed a lot here on the mission because before the mission I would listen and do other things and I didn't get very much out of it, but this weekend I felt very eager to hear conference and I didn't want to miss a single minute. There were many inspired messages. It is true that the reason we have trials is because they are opportunities to grow and learn patience. I really liked that in 2 talks they almost said the same phrase...that Heavenly Father loves and accepts us how we are, but He wants to help us be better. I really like the council that Elder Larry R. Lawrence gave us to ask in prayer what Heavenly Father wants us to better or even change, then Heavenly Father will reveal to us what He wants us to do through the Holy Ghost.

I wanted to share a couple of cool experiences that happened to us these past 2 weeks. The other week we went to go visit an inactive sister in the ward that we haven't seen in a long time, and when we got there she told us that the night before she had a dream that we were going to come and so she was waiting all day for us and that the message we shared with her was exactly what she needed to hear. Also because we visited her that day, we found her brother and asked if he would like to hear more of the Gospel and he accepted. He will be baptized this Sunday, he already has his interview done and everything is ready. He was a golden contact. When we shared the Plan of Salvation with him, he started to cry and he told us that he wants to make it to the end and live with Heavenly Father again. We are excited for him, and to see someone change their life around. When we started teaching him he had a very strong smoking addiction, once we taught him about the word of wisdom, he dropped it cold turkey. I love the Gospel and seeing it change the lives of others and also my life.

I love you all and hope you all have a great week!!

Love Hermana Grisham

No comments:

Post a Comment