My Dear Family,
I feel very grateful and blessed. I am glad that even though there are trials happening in the family you are all staying strong and full of hope. I know that Heavenly Father has always blessed our family and will continue to bless us as we put our trust in Him.
This week was very special for me. I recieved a phone call from the Asistent to President and he asked if I remembered Alejandro and Gabi; they were people I was teaching about a year ago and they were going to get married so that Alejandro could get baptized, but everything fell through. Alejandro said he never wanted to hear the missionaries until my companion and I went to visit them and he accepted everything, he just didn't get baptized at that time. Anyways I found out that one of these coming weeks he is going to get married and baptized! I was so happy. Sometimes we don't see the fruits of our labors until much later. Mom and Dad, whenever you fell down or sad, think of all the fruits of your labors...thanks to you both, your 6 children grew up in the Gospel, all of them have entered in the temple, 4 served missions, many beautiful grandchildren, and many other things. Thanks for being the best parents ever!
Also yesterday was very special, I got to give a talk in sacrament meeting about Forgiveness and we had the baptism of 5 young boys who were sons of inactive members who are starting to come back to church. Their parents came to their baptism and many of them cried tears of joy. It would be so great to see them all serve missions in the future. The only sad thing is that my camera died so I couldn't take a picture of the whole family (like 16 of them) but I will get the picture to you all soon.
I know that Heavenly Father really does hear our prayers, sometimes the answer doesn't come right away or in the way we expect, but he does listen. I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ understands perfectly the trials that we pass through and He is there beside us through it all. I know that He is the only way to make it back to Heavenly Father, there is no other name that can save us. I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the Restoration and that he recieved the Priesthood. I know that this is all true, and that the Gospel is the best thing. I know that Pres. Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet of God who guides us today in these troubling times.
No comments:
Post a Comment