HI Family!
Aww, Hyrum Daniel Jaquier, his name is adorable:) He looks so tiny in the pictures, he is so cute :) I can't believe Kari is a mom, they are going to have so much fun raising him. It will be fun to meet him and Sawyer too, I haven't met either one of them.
I am happy happy happy and we had another baptism this week, he is an older man in his late 60s and in a wheelchair, he is paralyzed on his right side and his baptism was special. I like his conversion story, as we taught another family member all the lessons he was listening and he believed. He was given a Book of Mormon several weeks ago and we asked him to read a chapter in Alma, and he misunderstood and read the whole book of Alma haha :) We didn't know if he was going to get baptized this past sunday because his family members told us he was very catholic and didn't want to change; they made it sound like he would never get baptized, but when we visited him and asked him to get baptized this sunday he easily said yes. He is a sweet heart and his family was happy for him. I will attach some pictures of his baptism. Two Elders had to help him get baptized because he is partially paralyzed and an older man, but everything turned out well. Also our five converts (5 young boys) were confirmed members yesterday and their blessings were really sweet, one of blessings said that he would recieve all the necessary ordinances for salvation, others said they would gain a love for the scriptures, and many other things. Several of them came to church yesterday in new suits that their parents bought them and they looked cute in their little suits.
Today I read about the people of Anti-Nephi-Lehi and how they were so deeply converted that they would rather die than sin against their God. They didn't even try to defend themselves when the Lamanites came to kill them, they just kneeled down in prayer as the Lamanites drew their swords upon them and killed many of them. What faith they had, that Heavenly Father would complete His promise to them of eternal life, so they buried their weapons of war and refused to fight. When the Lamanites saw that they wouldn't fight back their hearts were softened and many of them were converted too. They are such good examples of true conversion and faithfulness to covenants. I know that the Book of Mormon is absolutely true.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love Hermana Grisham
No comments:
Post a Comment