Hi my Dear Family,
Thanks for your sweet email. Thank you all for helping me so much, I have felt your prayers and love throughout my whole mission. I feel very peaceful and happy right now. I feel very blessed, and I know that Heavenly Father has been hearing my prayers. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much these last few months and my testimony has been strengthened. I too am grateful that I decided to come here on the mission, it has changed my life. Wow, Arial Mecham is already old enough to serve a mission? That is crazy. I am so happy for her, she is going to be a great little missionary. It will be fun to talk to her and get her excited about the mission. Our ward needs to send out more missionaries.
On Tuesday we had a zone conference with the President of the Mission and they asked me to bear my testimony because I will be going home soon.It was a great experience. On Thanksgiving we ate with Sister of the ward who lived in the United States for a long time so she cooked us turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and it was delicious. It was fun to be able to have a Thanksgiving meal. I have many reasons to be grateful...Yesterday another one of our converts recieved the Priesthood and another passed the sacrament for the first time, it was so great to see them progressing in the church. Another one of our investigators will be baptized this Sunday and she is very excited, she is the young single mom who has been reading the Book of Mormon. She says she knows it is true and that The Plan of Salvation was exactly what she needed to hear. We are very excited for her.
Oh no, several funny things happened this week. A bird pooped on my head, my companion thought it was funny. It was a little funny, but not very much. Yesterday at church something really embarrassing happened haha. We were in sunday school and the teacher asked me to write a few things on the white board. I started writing and the marker wasn't working very well, so I remembered a secret that someone told me to shake the marker a little. I shook the marker several times and started to write again, as I was writing I noticed that the ink from the dry erase marker splattered ALL OVER THE PLACE. It was all of the wall, the floor, the chairs and the worst part, it was all of the people in the class! Haha. It made such a mess, the funny thing was the class was about repentance, and the teacher used it as an example in the class. That when we sin, we make a mess, we stain our alma. Just like I made a mess of the classroom. Everyone thought it was funny, but I was really embarrassed. After the class we cleaned it all up quickly. All the members kept teasing me afterward, and telling everyone else what happened. I will always remember that lesson about repentance.
I am doing very well, and I feel a joy that is hard to describe. I love the people here and the lessons I have learned. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all! Take care and make good choices.
Love Hermana Grisham
xXoxOoxXXxooXo
No comments:
Post a Comment