Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My beautiful family!
I had a really good birthday, I was really happy the whole day. I actually got a package on Tuesday from Sister Dove that was for Christmas. It takes a long time for packages to get here. It was really cute and thoughtful. Please tell her thank you. How strange that it hasn't been snowing over there, that is kind of bad because the winter snow is the water we drink in the summer. I am still doing well, I had the thought this week to write myself a letter that I can't open until the end of the mission, it sounds wierd, but it was an interesting experience. Sometimes we can teach ourselves, I told myself all the things that I have learned so far in the mission and to stay faithful. Our mission President always tells us that we need the mission more than the mission needs us because we are our first converts. I am learning how precious time is. I didn't know how to use time wisely before and we can't waste our time on things that are not important.

 I read this week about the 2000 stripling warriors. Their fathers could not fight because they had entered into a covenant with God so their sons took up arms to defend their country, their freedom, and their families. It teaches us how important covenants are and we CANNOT break them, it says in the Book of Mormon, 'they would lose their souls'. I also wrote a letter to the young women in our ward today and I told them that they are special that they can't be afraid to stick up for what is right and to listen to their parents and leaders. I think it would be fun to work with the Young Women when I get home. Well I have to go, but I am still doing well and hope you all are too. Love you so much!

Love Hermana Grisham
xXoOxoXxOOox (because it is tradition) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment