Friday, August 21, 2015
Hi Momma and Family!!
We had changes again today, well the whole mission did, but we both are staying as companions in our same area and we are very happy. This week was a little hard but we have had some great blessings too. Today I had to take my companion to the doctor because she got really sick and actually fainted 2 times and I caught her both times, it was scary. We went to the doctor and she has to rest today and maybe tomorrow and take some medicine. There were a lot of huge parties in our area so it made it really hard to work this week, and nobody wanted to come to church because it was on Sunday. It was frustrating to see people more interested in the party than going to church, but like I said we did have some great blessings this week. We found a family of 4, a mom, dad, and their 2 kids. One is 12 years old and the 19 daughter too. They are all very interested in learning about the gospel and they really want to come to church this coming sunday. They went to a ward activity where they saw The Testaments and they said it stirred something inside them and they were really receptive when we visited them the first time on Saturday. They accepted everything we said and accepted to be baptized, we are going to put a specific date for them to be baptized today for September. It would be so awesome if the 19 daughter prepared to serve a mission, she seems the most interested in her whole family. I am hoping we can have a lot of success this change, we have been looking far and low to find people that will progress. I am just going to do my part and put everything into the Lord's hands.
I remember Diane, she was really sweet when I met her in the singles ward. That is funny that she is now in the home ward. I am glad that everything is well with you all, Heavenly Father has always blessed our family so much. I have noticed more than ever how blessed our family is. It makes me sad to see Satan attacking families, but I also love seeing how the Gospel helps them.
I read a talk this week that talked about Joseph Smith and strengthening our testimony that he was a prophet of God. It was by Elder Utchdorf and he talked about how people believed that our galaxy was the only one that existed until they saw with a telescope that there are millions of galaxies with unnumerable amounts of stars. They came to realize an incredible truth. Also we can come to know an incredible truth, that Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God who restored His church again in the earth. We need to be firm in our testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Even more we also to be firm in our testimony of the Savior of Mankind, that He lives and that His atonement is real and available to all who come to Him.
I hope you all have a great week and take care!! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment