Friday, August 21, 2015

Hi Family!!
How are you all? I am doing really well, I feel very happy. I am glad that I didn't fall this week, that was definately a plus haha. I think we found several golden contacts that we are going to visit this week and some of them are families.

 I am grateful for all the support you all give me and the prayers you offer at night on behalf of me and my companion, I know that Heavenly Father is watching over each one of you and aware of all your wishes, dreams, trails, disappointments and hardships. I am so grateful for the Gospel that helps us in every aspect of our lives. I really liked the quote that you sent to me that the "Lord is in the details of our lives." We are working hard here in our area and we are finding a lot of new families because the members are helping us a lot. The other day they had a ward movie night and they watched The Testaments and there were a lot of investigators that came and we are going to visit them this week. I feel very hopeful and happy right now because the Lord has been blessing us a lot. I always keep you all in my prayers and thoughts and I know that Heavenly Father knows all your needs and watches over you. I will keep Spencer, Bergan and Sawyer in my prayers.

Today I heard 2 stories that impacted me a lot, one was in a Liohona about 2 missionaries who felt prompted to give a Book of Mormon with their testimonies and information written inside to an older man in the street who they contacted even though he didn't show very much interest. This same day a young man noticed a book on the ground and read that it said, another testament of Jesus Christ. It was the same Book of Mormon that they had given to the man and he called to elders and asked to learn more. Later when they visited him, he accepted everything and was baptized soon after. The Lord has His own ways to complete His work.

The other story is something really special. We had to go to the church offices this morning to sign for our visas and I saw an old companion and she told us a story about one of her converts. He was a young man who just looked like a street kid, but they contacted him and he accepted to learn more and when they visited him, he accepted everything with full heart; they learned that he had lived a hard life always in the street, problems with drug addiction, hanging out with the wrong people. He got baptized and became a very faithful member of the church and recieved the priesthood and wanted to serve a mission, but a few days ago the missionaries that taught him about a year ago, were notified that he fell very ill this past week and was only given 15 days to live. They went to visit him in the hospital a few days ago and he shared his testimony with them and said he was so grateful that they found him and shared the gospel with him. He said he wanted to serve a full time mission but said he would share the gospel in the spirit world and that he accepted the will of Heavenly Father. It brought tears to my eyes as I felt a confirmation of the importance of missionary work, and about the Plan of Salvation. The doctors think that this week he will pass away. It was a testimony to me that God's plan is perfect and that the Gospel does change lives.

I love the Gospel and it is such a huge blessing to have it. Keep living the Gospel with all your heart and keep trusting in our Heavenly Father and His perfect plan. I love you all!! Have an amazing week!

Love Hermana Grisham


No comments:

Post a Comment