Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hi Momma and Family!!
That is exactly right, sometimes we just have to pass through difficulties so we can learn all the lessons Heavenly Father wants us to learn. About the job at South Jordan Elementary, sometimes opportunities like that get closed off to us because Heavenly Father has something better in store. He knows perfectly well our needs and He will give us what we need and not always what we want. Everything will be okay and I know that Heavenly Father will always bless you all with the things you need because He loves you. I am sad to hear about Aunt Geraldine, she really is a sweetheart. I will keep her in my prayers. I know that the Holy Ghost will comfort her and all her loved ones.

I am doing well here, I like my area, just this area has a lot of people with strong religious traditions. My companion and I have been trying our best to find new families every week and bring them to church and I know that the Lord will bless us for our efforts. This week was interesting, but good. I feel yesterday haha, but I am okay, I was just embarrassed: it was raining and my companion jumped over a gutter onto the sidewalk and then I followed her, but my skirt didn't let me jump very far and I completely fell on the main Street with a bunch of people who saw me, so I just jumped right up and we hurry and walked to another Street haha. Also we have been trying to help an investigator and his kids, but he started drinking and it is now really hard for him to stop, so the Elders came and gave him a blessing and it was so beautiful. It talked about the potential that he had and that he could do great things in his life. I just wish the people here could see what Heavenly Father sees in them, their potential to change and become better people. We are just going to keep trying to encourage him and pray for him. Even though we have had difficulties this change I am really happy. I am really excited because the Mexico City Temple is going to be rededicated in September and this month Elder D Todd Christoferson is going to come visit our mission for a mission conference, it is going to be great!

We visited a family that we found the other week and they wanted to give us food on Saturday and they read all the pamphlet about the Restoration and Joseph Smith and they told us everything they understood and they said they believed it, but when we invited them to church they didn't want to go...We are going to see what we are going to do about them.

Well I have to go, but I love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Love Hermana Grisham

No comments:

Post a Comment