Hi Momma and Family!!
I am doing really well, we had changes again and I am in a different area. So many crazy things happen in the mission, yesterday we got caught in a horrible electrical storm and lightning was striking the ground like crazy around us and I saw something in the sky that nearly stopped my heart. I saw two tornados forming in the sky. I felt so scared, and my companion started to cry. The good thing is it never touched the ground, but we said a prayer of protection and we were okay. We also had gas in our house on friday so we slept in the house of other sister missionaries, and they cut all the water supply near our house for several days so we didn't have water. This week was pretty crazy, but now I am in a different area, today is my first day here and I have my first American companion, she is Tongan, and I am excited for this change.
We normally stay in every area for 3 or 4 months, I have had a lot of changes, and have gotten the chance to met a lot of people. A lot of the members from my old areas write me, it makes me happy :)
I have been reading in the Liohona a lot and I love all the talks from the leaders of the Church. I read the talk from Elder Utchdorf in the Priesthood
Session of General Conference that we need to be GENUINE Disciples of Jesus Christ, that we should obey and serve for the right reasons and not for recognition. I really liked it and it is really true, that Heavenly Father knows the desires of our hearts and He wants us to serve Him with a willing heart, with the right intentions. It made me laugh because I knew two sisters in a ward in one of my other areas who were competing to see who served the missionaries more. One of them wrote down her name to give us food every day for 1 week, it was funny, but it was kind of weird. It just reminded me of the talk I read. We should always serve only because we love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
I do know that Heavenly Father knows us personally and desires the best for each one of His children, and for that same reason He offered us His Perfect Son to save and help us return to Him again someday. "For God so loved the World, that He gave His Only Begotten Son..." I know that only through Jesus Christ we can be saved and live as families forever. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! Make good choices!!
Love Hermana Grisham
No comments:
Post a Comment