Hi Momma and Family! How are you all?
I am doing very well. I am very happy right now because I feel very hopeful for this week and change. We just finished our first week here in my new area and it has a lot of history. Right now I am in a place called Atlatlahuca. There are pyramids in our area and we were able to go and see them a little today and we took pictures, I was just looking at the pyramid ruins and thinking of the Book of Mormon and trying to imagine what happened there thousands of years ago. Everything about the Book of Mormon and Mexico history make sense. I know that the Book of Mormon is absolutely true. Our Mission President said there was a lot of wars thousands of years ago on the same land where my companion and I walk everyday. It is really interesting to think about that kind of stuff.
I am enjoying this change a lot, I get along with my companion well and we are excited to work here. Our area is HUGE! We have 11 different towns in our area, but we are only going to focus on 2 or 3. We are going to look very hard for people to teach because the missioneries that were here before didn't work very hard.
I have been reading a lot of general conference talks and I have read a lot about discipleship, that we need to be prepared to stand alone sometimes and defend the truth. We need to be genuine and act without hypocracy unlike the Pharasies and Scribes in the New Testament. If we keep our sight focused on Christ at all times we will be able to resist the spiritual storms of these latter days. He is our strength, and with Him we can do all things.
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Here are some pictures!
Love Hermana Grisham
No comments:
Post a Comment