Thursday, June 25, 2015

Hi family!!!
I am doing well! I am really excited right now because we have people progressing and with baptismal dates. Wow I can't believe that Layla is already 5 years old, that seems crazy to me. This week I complete 1 year in the mission, which is even wierder. I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of things and now I feel like I don't have much time left. I am happy and excited for the things that are happening in our area. This week was one of the funnest weeks I have had here in the mission. A lot of strange, but good things happened. One of our investigadors is progressing really well, before we found him, he drank a lot, and was sad and alone, but he has stopped drinking completely and loves the Book of Mormon. We always give him reading assignments and he completes them. He came to church for the 2nd time this Sunday and he looks happier everytime we see him. The family of 5 couldn't go to church this sunday because their daughter got married, but we are going to keep working with them. A lady found us in the street and told us to come to her house. She has asisted the church for 3 years but was never baptized and likes the church a lot. We just have to find a way to help her go to church because she is always out of town on Sundays. Also we recieved a reference from a lady on a street who told us to visit her neighbor and her 21 year old daughter and they are GOLDEN. The other day the mom was crying tears of gratitude. We taught them the restoration and they accepted everything and now have their own Book of Mormon. The mom told us that she was living in ignorance, and that her parents taught her incorrect traditions but didn't know. So we found a lot of great people to teach this week because Heavenly Father heard our prayers and guided us to them.

I never knew I would love the mission so much, it is really fun to help people learn about the Gospel. Well I got to go, but I love you all and wish you all a very happy week full of fun.

Love Hermana Grisham

No comments:

Post a Comment