Saturday, June 20, 2015
FAMILY!!!!
This has been one of the most interesting weeks of my mission. Just being honest with you, we haven't been having much success this change and we just finished the half-way mark. So we were recieving a lot of attention this week from all the leaders, our district leader, zone leaders, sister training leaders, and even President Whitehead. Everything started to get better on Tuesday. My companion and I talked a lot about what we need to work on and our friendship and companionship grew a lot. We saw a lot of miracles this week, I am still in awe.
On tuesday we talked a lot about prayer and that we need to learn how to REALLY pray, like pray with all your heart and that Heavenly Father will listen and answer. We didn't have any investigators when we started the week so on Wednesday we prayed specifically to find a family of 5 that day that has been to church 1 time. After we finished the prayer, I opened the sciptures and the first words I saw were, "Ask, and it shall be given you, seek, and ye shall find." So that day we looked far and low and walked a lot talking with everyone we found, but we ended the day a little disappointed because we didn't find them, thinking it was because of our lack of faith.
On Wednesday, my companion woke up with a very strong pain in her leg because of her syatic nerve and because we walked so much, so we called the District leader to come and give a blessing to my companion in the church building. She could barely walk, but we got to the church and he gave her a blessing of health. Exactly after they ended the blessing, she got up and was perfectly fine. I just looked at our District leader in shock. That was the first miracle and she hasn't had problems ever since.
On Friday the Zone Leaders worked with us all day and we found a family of 5 and we taught about eternal families. My companion and I went back with them the next day and we invited them to be baptized and they said yes. They came to church on Sunday and I realized Sunday Night that Heavenly Father didn't leave our prayers unanswered. When we ended the week we realized that Heavenly Father gave us a family of 5 that had been to church one time. I was in awe once again for another miracle that we were blessed with. I realized that Heavenly Father answers our prayers in His way and time, but He always answers them. I know of a surety that He hears us and that it is true what it says in Matthew..."Ask, and it shall be given to you, seek, and ye shall find."
I am happy and I feel very blessed and special. I am so grateful that I have a Father in Heaven who hears me and helps me. He hears all of His children.
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!!!
Love Hermana Grisham
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment