Monday, September 22, 2014
Hello there!!
I am doing well. First, before I forget...my mailing address is:
Avenida Fuente de las Piramides No. 1, Piso 1,
Lomas de Tecamachalco, C.P. 53950
Naucalpan, Edo. De Mexico
Oh haha, you are "organizing" I can almost hear Daddy chuckle haha. Oh how beautiful. I am proud of her. Alesha is a beautiful girl, what a big, and important step to take :). We had changes today and I have a new companion who doesn't speak a word of English...wish me luck haha. No, but it will be okay. It was really sweet because the members in my first area were really sad to say goodbye, one of the young women was crying. They were really great. I am now in the "Valle de Bravo" which means the valley of Bravo. You should look it up on Google, it is really pretty here. There are hills here and other missionaries say they go through like 1 pair of shoes every month. I am learning how to be a bold missionary. The other day, this investigator we taught one lesson to and had a baptismal date, and the next lesson, he said he didn't want to change religions, and I told him that this is eternity we are talking about and he needs to be baptized. My Spanish is better, members are surprised that I have only been in Mexico for a little over a month. My companion says I talk in Spanish in my sleep haha.
I am having a lot of experiences and opportunities to grow, sometimes it is a little painful to grow, but it is worth it. I think I am still in shock that I am living in Mexico right now haha, and I already almost have 3 months in the mission.
I found a beautiful chapter in the Book of Mormon the other day, it is Mosiah 14. I never really took notice to it before, but it is a really beautiful chapter about the life of Jesus Christ here on the Earth and how he carried our sorrows, pains, and burdens even though he never did anything wrong. And that by his stripes we are healed. I know that He can and will help us with every trial we face in this life, and that He can heal the wounded soul. Sometimes life is scary, and we have a lot of changes, but if we have faith in Him, we can feel an assurance that everything will be alright.
I love you with all my heart! Hope all is well!
Love Hermana Grisham
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment