Tuesday, November 18, 2014


Hola Familia!
Wow lots of fun things going on in Utah :) Hank got a job at Hill Airforce Base!? That is really cool! Our family receives blessing everyday. One thing I learned is how blessing our family is, really it is incredible. This week was my first week with my new companion Hermana Alvarez. I was really nervous the first day because I am directing the area, and planning out our days and leading the lessons. It really is true that the Holy Ghost helps us feel calm and peaceful. We have a super young direct. We all only have 4 months in the mission and it is 3 Americans and my Companion. We are going to baptize like 5 people or more this month.
The other day we were searching for some inactive members and tons of people were trying to help us, then two policemen started helping us and asking people for us, it was kind of funny. We never did find them, but it was nice to see the service of others. Before I started the mission I was a fearful person, scared of change, scared to do hard things, but the Mission has helped me so much. I am not a fearful person anymore. Don't worry, I am still cautious and careful :) Elder Holland said in a devotional that Missionary work is not easy, because Salvation is a cheap experience. We can't expect that being a disciple of Christ is easy because it was never easy for Him. We are going to have a mission conference this week with one of the Quorum of the 70, I am excited. I feel more confident than ever that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on this earth. I like that the mission teaching us obedience. Well I will talk to you all in a week! Have a great week! I love you very much!!

Love, Hermana Grisham

P.S. People here cannot pronouce Grisham, in church the 2nd councilor said "Hermana Hershey"

No comments:

Post a Comment