Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hi Momma!!
I am doing just fine!! :) How are you doing? And how is the family? Yep, now all the members call me Hermana Hershey :) it is funny. I am really enjoying this area. I have been here for 2 1/2 months and the members are so sweet. Yesterday I was upset because some investigators that I really loved told us they changed their minds and don't want to get baptized because they liked my other companion from the change before. But all of the Relief Society members gave me hugs and told me they loved me :) it made me feel better. And even better we had our first Baptism yesterday! Well it was my first baptism. Yesterday was really interesting, we didn't know that usually we need to start filling the font with water the night before. After the meetings all of he members and us were using all  water sources in the church to fill buckets of water to fill the font. It was really funny, and I won't ever forget it. But we were able to have the baptism and it was really nice.

Sounds like a lot of interesting things are happening over there in Utah. Don't worry Mom, your surgery will be a success, I promise. I remember when President Timothy set me apart, the blessing said our family will be watched over and protected during my mission. You will be able to see better, and everything will be alright :) I am grateful I made the decision to come on a mission, I didn't know what to expect, and I was really scared, but now I feel closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We had a area conference through broadcast this Sunday for our meetings and Neil L. Anderson spoke. He talked about sacrifice. That sacrifice means giving up something for something better. And he talked about missionaries. I know that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and guides it through the Prophet Thomas S. Monson. That repentance is not an option in order to have Salvation, but a requirement, that only through Jesus Christ can we be truely freed from our sins and have eternal life. That Joseph Smith with his sincere heart recieved an answer from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that The Book of Mormon is true, and can change us if we truly read and study it. I know that God lives, he loves all of us. He knows what is best for us and knows how we can best grow in this life.
Thanks for everything you all do!! I LOVE YOU!

Love Hermana Grisham (Hermana Hershey)   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment