Hello there!!
I am doing just fine right now :) I love President Monson and all the General Authorities, they are great. I love hearing them speak, because I know that it is inspiration from Heavenly Father for us. That's great! Wow he is already getting blessed? I am also very excited for General Conference this weekend. I hope everyone in our family watches and listens to Conference carefully this weekend, because answers can be found, comfort recieved, and revelation recieved. Wow, lots of rain in Utah? We have huge storms here every week, the thunder is ear piercing, I flinch when I see lightning because the thunder is so loud. How is the training coming along for Frank, is he dominant like Charly was?
The branch we are in struggles a lot, they have a new President, and only about 20 active members that come every Sunday. We have a young investigator and she is 14 years old, but she is great, she wants to get baptized, and she is really smart, he asked us if she could have a Book of Mormon, and she brings it with her to school. She told us one day another kid was making fun of the Book of Mormon and said it was boring, and she defended it. She is going to get baptized Oct 12. My Companion is great, she is a real sweetheart and we work well together. I know that this area will be more productive than my last area, because I am going to work harder.
I have everything I need, I am going to buy a new pair of shoes soon, I have already just about worn out these shoes. And yes Mom, I am taking care of myself, I only drink water because everyday the members offer us soda to drink. It was wearing down my retainer, so now I am only drinking water. Water is my favorite beverage anyways haha. But Daddy, It is hard not to write "haha" :) okay fine, I won't write it anymore.
I am learning more of the cost of Discipleship, that it requires sacrifice, and it includes being rejected, but He suffered all of it first. He was rejected, He was spat upon, He was mocked and He did nothing wrong. He is absolutely perfect and did only good. And He suffered it all even until death because He loves us. He broke the bands of death and did the will of Heavenly Father. He is our Savior and Redeemer. I love a song in the Hymn Book.
"Savior, Redeemer of my Soul, whose mighty hand hath made me whole. Whose wonderous love doth lift me up, and fill with sweet my bitter cup."
I hope all is well with you all! I love you!
Love Hermana Grisham
No comments:
Post a Comment